Sunday, October 27, 2019

Lines with Kazuo Ohno (newly discovered)




        Lines with Kazuo Ohno

   This flower I hold
  is my pain, my neck
falls up into place
  from it's proud
   sunken
wreckage

 Soars up, soars up
 again from whatever was
   lost wings
 lost earth
  into itself again

  There are no remains

  Daily forgetting's feet
    the flower's
  petals' lips trickle
   and falter
     faint and grow
   fonder of the luminous
      shadow all
   footfalls make

   all rubble in the forest of memory
     tiny rubble
       whose luthier of leaves
    the forest of memory
       scatters in tone...

   my head overgrown,
     knots in memory,
      crumbles -- into sodden hollows
     some fungus maybe me
     some tender
     medicinal peat my head
       empties, clears
     against this spine

     my prickly stem
   once holding the fruit of light the sun eats
       bows low as going goes
    and lower still
       do climb the bones
        in the descent beyond hell
   
      the soothing mud
     walking the walk beneath us
       fathoms down in folds
          and that further clatter, do you hear?
             down they go in the deep crater
         with the silly red ones, flickering, a bit rebellious, as
      angels nevertheless rise re-immersed
         in the huddled nest, 
           and the mother is on her way

       whoever you see, first
   
        I fold my hands.
        It's finished for now.
        I think. 


        Jeff Gburek
         Notebooks 2009

No comments: