Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Corduroy Cascade Release on Ramble Records

    

      Here it is, virtually. https://ramblerecords.bandcamp.com/album/corduroy-cascade

...thinking about the textural and the textual in my music, yes. 

   The Corduroy Cascade was the first of several sound signal cascades created during pandemic lockdowns. All sonospheres co-evolving. Sound vibrations on this planet carry and vibrational waves from the cosmos weave through our flailing and ooze around our speedy delivery systems. We are not stardust but cosmic slop (to wax ironic in pop culture terms). I'm a listener as a player. I believe you can hear my ear in the music I record mostly on my own gear in my various "homes" -- lately in Eastern Europe & the Balkans. I use guitars, zither, voice, synthesizer, radios, magnetic capture devices, shortwave & ham radio to expand my listening parameters. Someone on the Shortwave Radio listening group made a very nice comment a few days ago. It seems significant to me on many levels. "You can receive a signal on the reverse path; i.e. the long way around the earth. You can also hear both signals, short path and long, on a frequency and it sounds like an echo. Propagation is not always the shortest distance a signal has to travel."

 Giving voice and face to my text with this video

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Qm5HB_1Kk&ab_channel=JeffGburek

The other CD on Ramble Records, the double CD refered to in the video, 

"Ukraine Vigilance Suites I & II" can be heard at the link below. 

You can buy it directly from Ramble or if you are in Europe and need it faster, 

I have about 12 copies left. https://ramblerecords.bandcamp.com/album/vigilance-suite-i-ii

No comments: