Monday, January 27, 2020

In Memoriam Mario Davidovsky, Argentine Composer. Obscure Life Themes

 I file this one among the cases of great composers who lived in my midst and yet about whom I knew absolutely nothing until yesterday, a few months after he passed away on August 23rd, 2019.

Start out by listening here.
 https://soundcloud.com/resonance-extra/radio-cascabel-mario
 Reading the wikipedia link will fill in some gaps. Although why on earth I never learned about this extra-ordinarily well-balanced mixture of electro-acoustic, electronic and live instrumental music is not explained in this article and of course never will be. There is of course an argument to be made that the work is extremely cerebral and I may have chose a different path personally which led me away from this kind of work for a while. It's an immense pleasure to hear at the moment however.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Davidovsky

Thanks to Resonance Extra, Radio Cascabel and Marco Lucchi for links. 

No comments: